Black bean mushroom chilli (Serves 4) Caloreis: 398 per serving.
- 3 cups of chopped onions
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 900g of mushrooms sliced
- 3 x 400g cans of Italian tomatoes
- 2 x 400g cans of cooked black beans drained
- 450g of sweetcorn
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp dried oregano or Mediterranean herbs dried
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp fajita or similar seasoning
- 2 cups water
- Spray olive oil
Sautee the onions in a large pan over medium heat using a few sprays of the oil. When softened, add the garlic and when lightly browned add the mushrooms and spices. After ten minutes add the rest of the ingredients and cook on a low heat with a lid for approximately thirty minutes or until all the ingredients are thoroughly cooked through and soft to the touch. Serve with brown rice or over a large jacket potato chunky and satisfying vegetable pie complete with gorgeous sweet potato mash and crunchy citrus breadcrumbs.